HSE Management System
The Bab Alandalus HSE Management System defines the principles by which we conduct our operations worldwide with regards to health, safety, and the environment.
Management communicates the HSE philosophy to all employees, customers, contractors, and third parties associated with our business, and each Bab Alandalus organization must provide positive evidence of conformance to the system.
The HSE Management System model comprises eight interrelated components:
- commitment and leadership and accountability
- policies and objectives
- organization and resources
- contractor and supplier management
- risk management
- business processes
- performance monitoring and improvement
- audits and reviews.
These are continuously improved by conformance checks
- on day-to-day standards and procedures (controls)
- on the management system (correction)
- through modifications to the management system (improvement)
HSE Policy Statement
Statement from Ahmed Shaafi Bab Alandalus Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The long-term business success of Bab Alandalus depends on our ability to continually improve the quality of our services and products while protecting people and the environment. Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, quality enhancement, and community goodwill. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees and contractors, our stockholders, and the communities in which we live and work.
Bab Alandalus requires the active commitment to, and accountability for, QHSE from all employees and contractors. Line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of, and ensuring compliance with, QHSE policies and standards. We are committed to
- Protect, and strive for improvement of, the health, safety and security of our people at all times;
- Eliminate Quality non-conformances and HSE accidents;
- Meet specified customer requirements and ensure continuous customer satisfaction;
- Set Quality & HSE performance objectives, measure results, assess and continually improve processes, services and product quality, through the use of an effective management system;
- Plan for, respond to and recover from any emergency, crisis and business disruption;
- Minimize our impact on the environment through pollution prevention, reduction of natural resource consumption and emissions, and the reduction and recycling of waste;
- Apply our technical skills to all HSE aspects in the design and engineering of our services and products;
- Communicate openly with stakeholders and ensure an understanding of our QHSE policies, standards, programs and performance. Reward outstanding QHSE performance;
- Improve our performance on issues relevant to our stakeholders that are of global concern and on which we can have an impact, and share with them our knowledge of successful QHSE programs and initiatives.
This Policy shall be regularly reviewed to ensure ongoing suitability. The commitments listed are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with Bab Alandalus standards, as well as all applicable laws and regulations where we operate. This is critical to our business success because it allows us to systematically minimize all losses and adds value for all our stakeholders.